550 Deal Update: February 2015 Edition
February 25, 2015 at 11:40 AM
Sunbelt Advises RockBochs, Inc. in sale to Canadian Public Company
Sunbelt Business Advisors represented RockBochs, Inc. in its sale to Sangoma Technologies Corporation, a Toronto Exchange public company (TSX VENTURE:STC), a leading provider of hardware and software components that enable or enhance IP Communications Systems for both voice and data.
RockBochs, based in Minnesota, provides the on-site appliance and service for Fax-over-IP. RockBochs' customers are monthly subscribers who install their own communications software on the RockBochs purpose-built server.
Sangoma noted that the RockBochs products are an excellent strategic fit with their focus on introducing new products and services in Internet Protocol communications to a variety of customers, The acquisition is immediately accretive, and strengthens their position in recurring revenue categories.
Acquisitions: The Art of Growing Smart
As the RockBochs and Sangoma example to above illustratates, the right fit in an acquisition is the one that meets your strategic objectives: growth, margin, recurring revenue, adding capabilities.
Maybe your market is healthy, but flat. There are disruptive technlogies changing your industry. You have cash that needs to be put to work. These are just a few of the reasons acquisitions should be on your strategic planning agenda.
Now that your strategic initiatives are in place -
• how are you going to find that target to acquire?
• how will you approach them without tipping off your competitors?
• how do you keep the acquisition hunt from eating up your time and internal resources?
An experienced buy-side advisor can help your company answer these questions.
BUY SIDE ADVISORY
One of the biggest challenges in Middle Market M&A is that most companies, at any given time, are not actively seeking to be acquired. And yet, they are talking to trusted advisors about their longer term and exit plans.
Sunbelt Business Advisors, through our nationwide business development efforts and more than 200 offices, is regularly speaking with business owners in every market - tens of thousands of middle market companies who will consider going to market with us some day. Maybe now is their time.
Sunbelt can demonstrate how our buyer-side representation can help you:
• identify the right targets, and find the hidden gems that aren't on your radar
• confidentially approach and open the discussions with many targets
• extend your search with our team reaching out, screening candidates and coordinating communications to reduce stress on your internal resources.
Sunbelt Business Advisors provides Buy-side advisory to active acquirers - with select services designed to find the right opportunity for your acquisition strategy.
1. Analysis: We bring our team of financial and market analysts to the task of developing a solid list of target acquistions that meet your criteria.
2. Confidential Outreach: Our Business Development team identifies target decision makers and utilizes multiple methods to reach and engage these targets.
3. Project Direction: From initial screening of targets to assessment of value and risk, our M&A Advisors are practiced at bringing target acquisitions from opening conversation all the way to closing.
Call us to discuss scheduling the search for your next acquisition.